Tech Start-Ups in Saudi Arabia
How we can help your tech business with joint venture partnerships
ASA Consulting Advisory Services can develop a business support roadmap for tech start-ups in Saudi Arabia and the Middle East. This covers partnership and company formation, an IP protection roadmap and project feasibility to support an application for business financing.
Partnership and Company Formation Strategy
- Partnership strategy – Drafting agreements for the partners and accounting for the future development of the business, including exit horizons.
- Company formation – A strategy for the type and location of the company including Articles of Association and a Shareholder Agreement.
- Location for company formation with reference to the applicable tax incentives for tech start-ups.
IP Protection Roadmap
- Patent registration – The preparation of an application for international patent protection, with a view to filing patent applications through a preferred patent lawyer. This includes parent research and costings.
- Protecting by copyright the product brand and design, to include brand name, copyright research and costings for regional and international markets.
- Commercialise IP – Determine how best to sell the right to software content, know-how and other creative output, either by the transfer of full ownership of the IP rights or use of a licence to allow use without changing ownership. This will also include user terms and conditions.
The business support roadmap includes a feasibility study to act in support of an application for business finance to financial institutions. This includes:
- Market and strategic marketing planning
- A techno-economic study covering the business process and company operations
- Financial analysis and projections
The key aims of the market and marketing strategy study are to confirm the market potential for the introduction of a new product or service, determine the most appropriate pricing strategy and delivery strategy and assess market potential by target market sector.
A techno-economic study for the commercial product or service business would cover:
To assess the suitability for the intended application in international markets
- Web design and development
- Web application development
- Enterprise ecommerce strategy formulation
- Bespoke database design
- Customer relationship management and enterprise resource planning
- Customer portal software development
- Operational system implementation
- Application support and software maintenance
Computing and other equipment
This is based on expected user capacity, sales throughput and process technology, covering:
- Computers and equipment with specification and performance characteristics
- Telecommunications, electrical and service utilities
Evaluation of the office facilities necessary to accommodate the business in an appropriate location with rental costs.
Operating costs estimates
- Telecommunications, electrical and other utilities
- Office overheads
- General and administrative expenses
- Management, sales and marketing fees
- Professional fees - legal, accounting and taxes
- Office pre-operating costs
Organisation and Manning
- Organisation structure and office personnel requirement
- A breakdown of manpower costs for management and employees with salaries and benefits
Timescale for the actions necessary to implement the project including:
- Company formation and IP protection
- Equipment procurement and office set-up
- Recruitment and training of office personnel
- Pre-operational marketing
In addition a complete financial evaluation of the business provides the basis for business funding applications.
Markets and services
Get in touch
ASA Consulting Advisory Services
PO Box 5630